This release is made in conjunction with GeoServer 2.5-beta, please see the GeoTools 11-beta Release Notes for additional details.
We encourage all projects that make use of GeoTools to update and evaluate GeoTools-11-beta. This is your best opportunity review incoming changes / integration issues before the project enters the release candidate status, next month.
About GeoTools 11.x SeriesSummary of the new features for the GeoTools 11.x series:
- The DataStore API has a new removeSchema method to drop feature types. This new optional feature is currently implemented by the JDBCDataStore family (all spatial database backed stores), other stores will likely throw an UnsupportedOperationException
- JDBCDataStore now exposes facilities to list, create and destroy indexes on database columns.
- Ability to create and drop databases from the PostgisNGFactory
- PostGis data store will now call ST_Simplify when the GEOMETRY_SIMPLIFICATION hint is provided, significantly speeding up loading of complex geometries (the renderer can perform scale based simplification already, but doing it before sending the data speeds up data retrieval significantly)
- ImageMosaic can now manage vector footprints for its granules, allowing to filter out no-data or corrupted sections of the imagery
- All properties in a SLD style can now have a local unit of measure, as opposed to specifying the unit of measure per symbolizer. For example, if you need to have a line width to be 10 meters, its value can now be "10m"
- Improved handling of data with 3D coordinates in JDBC data stores
- A number of small improvements to the rendering engine, such as improved raster icon placement resulting in cleaner, less blurry output, improved label grouping, better handling of icons at the border of the map and in general much improved estimation of the buffer area needed to include all symbols in a map (for features that sit outside the map, but whose symbols are big enough to enter it).